Monday, November 10, 2008

#6 They Oughta Have a Law


Greetings, creative writers. Even though I was sick today, there's still a blog this week. Even if you don't notice until I tell you on Tuesday, you'll still have until midnight on Wednesday to get this done.

As we continue to explore creative nonfiction, I'm going to give you the chance to pass any law you like. Come up with something that you think should be a new law. Write at least 15 sentences to explain why this is law. Now's your chance to outlaw aviator sunglasses. Or make people take an IQ test before they're allowed to have children. What about having line-cutting punishable by law? Whatever you want, no matter how ridiculous.

For you commenters, write at least 6 sentences stating whether you would vote for this law or against it. Also, if it passed, would you break it? Would you do so on purpose? Don't forget to explain yourself.

Oh, and remember to comment on my post if someone in your group didn't write an entry. Keep in mind that you're responsible for commenting on someone's even if someone in your group didn't do it.

Here are the groups:

Block 1:
Group 1: Alpha Amber Wolf, Peace and Love, & spark 32
Group 2: arbol44, Potter, & Squarish Square
Group 3: Blogx, Princess, & This Blog Should Be Anonymous
Group 4: changeinapocket, Rock Fan, & tomorrowiswaiting
Group 5: Checkers, runcarnyrun, & wayzatacreative
Group 6: CoolKCato, i like turtles :), & Zoolander
Group 7: Graffiti the World, iloveanime, & zzzxy
Group 8: Hawk Eye 777, junior2010, & Sisu
Group 9: Highway Star, Lady Blue, & Some Dude

Block 2:
Group 1: About21ninjas, One Moment Can Change Everything, & smiley
Group 2: Alice, one x, & stargazer
Group 3: alle, porcupines and potato salad, & Stinky Toes
Group 4: Anonymous Blogger, QB1991, & StrawberryCake
Group 5: Butterfly, JB24, & Ursa Major
Group 6: catastrophebyassociation & k of the milky way (choose one other blog to comment on)
Group 7: Darken Rahl, laranail188, & Scrappy Coco
Group 8: Dually x3, Mindfreak, & sgirl
Group 9: Gobl1nmast4r, Montag, & Shiny-sama

15 comments:

qb1991 said...

Dear Mrs. Decker,
I posted a comment under smiley since I am ahead of the game and doing my assignment tonight.

qb1991 said...

Dear Mrs. Decker, (again lol)
I posted my second comment under One X to complete my assignment and have it completed and ready for you to grade at your convenience.

junior2010 said...

Hawk Eye 777 and Sisu (both in my group) did not do their blogs, so i will comment on Alpha Amber Wolf and arbol44

Squarish Square said...

Mrs. Decker,
My group member, potter, hasn't done their blog. I'll post my comment on Some dude's blog. I posted a comment on my other group member's blog, arbol44. Also, you forgot to make a link to the University of Chicago's writing program. (http://creativewriting.uchicago.edu/)

Gobl1nmast4r said...

I accidently posted a five sentence blog on shiny-sama. I posted again, completing it with the sixth-sentence, it didn't occur to me at the time how much I had typed.

iloveanime said...

HEY MRS DECKER!!!
i posted on changeinapocket because one person in my group didnt do a blog.

Butterfly said...

A member in my group didn't do their blog so i commented on Sgirl's blog.

Ursa Major said...

JB24 didn't have a blog up so I commented on Darken Rahl instead.

Anonymous said...

yo deck, my group was bein' lame so i decided to be a total ballah and talk about Alice and Shiny-sama's blogs instead. i think youll find this to be much cooluh and yo be likein' in quite a bit. Rahl out, dawg!

alle said...

porcupines and potato salad must have been having some technical difficulties, so instead I commented on smiley.

Some Dude said...

Dear Ms. Decker
My group member Lady Blue didn't do her blog so I commented on squarish square's blog instead. Highway Star did their blog so I commented on it as per usual.

Checkers said...

Mrs. Decker,
One of the people in my group didn't do their blog, so I will comment on changeinapocket instead.

SGirl said...

butterfly, ursa major

CatastropheByAssociation said...

I posted on junior2010. Also, my comments are late because our internet at home is as fast as an old person walking a tortoise and I needed to get to the library. We have had some family emergencies, so it was not important at the time. Ask if you need to.

k of the milky way said...

About21ninjas was the other blog I chose to comment on!