Monday, June 14, 2010

Bon Voyage!


I suppose people should be saying that to me right now. I'm all packed up and about to head to the airport. If I forgot to put anything in my suitcase, it's not going to make it now. Three options for when that happens:

1. Borrow someone else's
2. Buy a new one
3. Go without.

I know I have my passport, so I'm not too worried about anything else that might have been left behind. Hopefully the rest of the crew will be on time waiting at the airport. Now all we have to do is try to help 14 high school students fall asleep at 7:30 p.m. for the red eye. Hmm... If you have any ideas, please post them to my brain via telepathic means.

It also just occurred to me this afternoon that we are technically visiting four countries, not three. Vatican City is officially the smallest nation in the world, and I can't wait to see the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.

Just a few hours and we'll be on our way!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Ms. Deck!
It's your stateside mom. I expect you all (that's my Texas speaking) are having an exciting time. Don't forget to sleep on the plane so you can actually enjoy the sights and sounds tomorrow.

Dad and I are going to see Aunt Patsy as her care is ongoing. I hope you have a lot of fun and I expect to hear from you--and please have any of your students that like to converse with the "grandmotherly" kind to please fill me in on their travels.

Love you much,
mom

Brian said...

Yum yum yum -- I expect you're eating fish 'n chips right about now. Hope your first day in London was a good 'un and you weren't mobbed by a bunch of fed-up soccer hooligans.

Miss you.

Unknown said...

Hi Ms. Decker!
I saw y'all made it. Hope the kids don't give you too hard of a time.
Jan